“You are my sunshine, My only sunshine
You make me happy, When the skies are grey
You’ll never know dear, How much I love you
So please don’t take, My sunshine Away”
“You are my sunshine”… the start of classic children’s song that our parents sing to us as all of us grew up. Now I hear it being sung to E by her mom in the backseat of my car as we drive in the cloudless 70 degree weather. I am forever grateful to have been part of this moment. Not only is E her parent’s sunshine, she’s mine as well. E portrays the warmth of the sun and its spirit lifting powers.
With this, here are the moments of sunshine for the week that I’m truly lucky to experienced.
(01) My iPhone apps that enable me to create images that capture precious moments in my life.
(02) The Death Cab for Cutie station on Pandora that makes the daily commute to work more bearable.
(03) The WTC Starbucks team that warmly greets me every morning by first name and drink order already memorized.
(04) Brunches at Portage Bay Cafe! Best breakfast food in town. Enough said.
(05) Being able to do hot yoga twice a week. It’s the 90 minutes where I can just focus on myself and not anyone else.
(06) Picnic’s at Mukilteo Beach Park with E’s parents and grandmother.
(07) BCK’s obedience and ability to cheer anyone up.
(08) Excursions to Fremont with LC where we got to explore the food truck world, flee markets and its various cafe’s.
(09) DDD’s determination to not get me sick.
(10) Seattle’s summer weather in May. Thank you Mother Nature for starting off Spring with a bang!!!